Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PROJECTS

Last week my husband brought home a bunch of garden goodies he got from the people he is currently working for. We got a couple heads of cabbage and small zucchini, a hand full of peppers (they are spicy but we are not sure what kind, I think I am going to make some salsa later in the week), and a large zucchini.


My mom had given me a zucchini from her neighbor as well. Saturday morning, I grated both of the large zucchinis and bagged them in 2 cup portions.  I got 11 bags, this will be great for lots of zucchini bread. I also chopped a bunch of onions to toss in the freezer.

I am always looking for opportunities to teach my children to work hard at what they do. Saturday and Sunday, the family got all dressed up in our warn work clothes (rain doesn't seem to make working more fun). We loaded and hauled some firewood for some friends of our.

And boy was I impressed with how hard our boys (almost 9, 7 and almost 5) worked. I don't think I have ever seen them work as hard as they did those two days. It pays off to be consistant. I am looking forward to continue to teach my children to have a good work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment