Wednesday, October 5, 2011

HOMEMADE HUMMUS

So a couple of months ago, we had a friend visiting who introduced my children to hummus. Much to my surprise they loved it. I love that my kiddos are so willing to try new things.

I tried making it with just garbanzo beans, olive oil and garlic. My husband added salt, pepper and Tabasco to take away the blandness, (he loves spicy foods).

I found this recipe for Italian Hummus.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I added more garlic and used a little lime juice instead of lemon juice and a little water to get the consistency that I liked.

The Tahiti definitely made is difference in the taste. We added that to our dinner menu and enjoyed it with crackers and green pepper strips.

(For some reason I am having problems trying to get the pictures to load, lol, must be my dial-up.)

I am looking forward to trying other flavors as well.

What are you up today?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just posted a blog with the same title! And we just tried it for the first time too! And I totally feel you pain about the dial-up internet. We do NOT have any other choice where we live in the country! Nice to visit your blog! I'd love for you to visit mine! http://beechembrightspots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete